Welcome to Spiders.us
Spiders.us serves as a community as well as an informational and pictorial library providing accurate spider identification resources to the public. Our goal is to dispel myths, superstitions, and urban legends that cause many people to be fearful of spiders. We empathize and promise to put the squeamish and scared at ease as best we can. We will also defend spiders for the important roles they play in nature, natural pest control, medicine, engineering and other economic and cultural realms.
We hope you enjoy this resource and look forward to engaging with you in our growing spider community. Feel free to participate in helping identify the thousands of spider picture submissions our forum receives every year!
Browse recent discussions from the community.
- Help identify?
April 18, 2014 by felocina
- Spidering 04-17-14
April 18, 2014 by wordslinger
April 17, 2014 by ashleymarie
- Small Brown Spider ID!
April 17, 2014 by starberryboos
- came out of the computer
April 17, 2014 by Dave Belski
- Found in CT- What is it?
April 17, 2014 by Lyn0613
- What is a "Daddy long leg"?
April 17, 2014 by Ryanroyce
- [Theridiidae, Steatoda triangulosa] Spider Identification
April 17, 2014 by UnafraidBuffalo
- [Gnaphosidae, Scotophaeus blackwalli] Northern California Spider ID
April 17, 2014 by kennyboobear
- [Pisauridae, Dolomedes] New England Spider Identification Help Please!
April 17, 2014 by Bryan47
- What am I dealing with here?
April 16, 2014 by mamavirnala
- small white insect inside building
April 16, 2014 by green1967
- [Tengellidae] What Is This Spider?
April 16, 2014 by Bugxx
April 15, 2014 by erincosta
- Black-ish spider in bath with my 3 year old
April 15, 2014 by mattlandry