Welcome to Spiders.us
Spiders.us serves as a community as well as an informational and pictorial library providing accurate spider identification resources to the public. Our goal is to dispel myths, superstitions, and urban legends that cause many people to be fearful of spiders. We empathize and promise to put the squeamish and scared at ease as best we can. We will also defend spiders for the important roles they play in nature, natural pest control, medicine, engineering and other economic and cultural realms.
We hope you enjoy this resource and look forward to engaging with you in our growing spider community. Feel free to participate in helping identify the thousands of spider picture submissions our forum receives every year!
Browse recent discussions from the community.
- huge red spider. Rochester ny
July 29, 2014 by pamcur
- Brown Recluse?
July 29, 2014 by Ajsel239
- Neoscona Crucifera?
July 29, 2014 by avalerier
- Help with identification
July 29, 2014 by Cirith_Ungol
- Please help me identify this PLEASE!
July 29, 2014 by Topher89
- Help identify!
July 28, 2014 by Taylordelmar
- Spider I.D.
July 28, 2014 by Flower Child
- New member here from West of Indianapolis
July 28, 2014 by Jax04
- Portage, MI window spider / Widow body shape
July 28, 2014 by allofthemwitches
- Spider with white cross
July 28, 2014 by AlanC
- [Theridiidae, Enoplognatha ovata] Araneus cingulatis?
July 28, 2014 by DWilde
- [Araneidae, Eriophora ravilla] Small Green-backed Spider
July 28, 2014 by stevedo
- Spider in the Redwoods Near California/Oregon Border
July 28, 2014 by HumboldtKC
- Black spider with brown/tan underside with distinctive markings
July 28, 2014 by drogars
- Small Concert Spider
July 28, 2014 by Kleemo
Jumping Spiders for Sale
Phids.net offers the largest jumping spiders in North America for sale with $5 flat rate shipping