Welcome to Spiders.us
Spiders.us serves as a community as well as an informational and pictorial library providing accurate spider identification resources to the public. Our goal is to dispel myths, superstitions, and urban legends that cause many people to be fearful of spiders. We empathize and promise to put the squeamish and scared at ease as best we can. We will also defend spiders for the important roles they play in nature, natural pest control, medicine, engineering and other economic and cultural realms.
We hope you enjoy this resource and look forward to engaging with you in our growing spider community. Feel free to participate in helping identify the thousands of spider picture submissions our forum receives every year!
Browse recent discussions from the community.
- Found about 5 of this in my house?
April 28, 2015 by gperez95
- [Photo Needed] Please Help Identify
April 28, 2015 by Debbie77
- Kitchen floor found this
April 27, 2015 by Holysmoke
- What is this thing
April 27, 2015 by Grandote45
- Fishing Spider?
April 27, 2015 by Chris01
- WTB Jumping Spider
April 27, 2015 by aghita38
- [Lycosidae, cf. Tigrosa grandis] Spider Just Bit My Puppy
April 27, 2015 by Kaci
- [cf. Amaurobiidae] Trapdoor?
April 27, 2015 by Joe Pa
- [Araneidae, Araneus andrewsi] What Is This Smiley Faced Spider?
April 27, 2015 by Luptanpitman
- [Dysderidae, Dysdera crocata] Is This a Hobo?
April 27, 2015 by pantherseven1
- [Ctenizidae, Ummidia] Northeast Tennessee Black Spider
April 27, 2015 by James S. Jeffries
- [cf. Anyphaenidae, Anyphaena accentuata] Black and Brown Spider in Our Home
April 27, 2015 by FrickyTricky
- spider in Oklahoma
April 26, 2015 by trhoos
- [Lycosidae, Schizocosa cf. ocreata] Maybe It's Maybelline
April 26, 2015 by Ungoliant
- [Philodromidae, Philodromus] Another Strange Looking Spider. Please Help
April 26, 2015 by angela523
Jumping Spiders for Sale
Phids.net offers the largest jumping spiders in North America for sale with $5 flat rate shipping