Welcome to Spiders.us
Spiders.us serves as a community as well as an informational and pictorial library providing accurate spider identification resources to the public. Our goal is to dispel myths, superstitions, and urban legends that cause many people to be fearful of spiders. We empathize and promise to put the squeamish and scared at ease as best we can. We will also defend spiders for the important roles they play in nature, natural pest control, medicine, engineering and other economic and cultural realms.
We hope you enjoy this resource and look forward to engaging with you in our growing spider community. Feel free to participate in helping identify the thousands of spider picture submissions our forum receives every year!
Browse recent discussions from the community.
- please help identify
October 25, 2014 by cherbear79
- Found this guy catching a Ride on my boyfriend's Shorts
October 25, 2014 by 14ddjones
- Large black and hairy - help to ID please
October 25, 2014 by alan
- what do spiders eat
October 25, 2014 by bob63
- spider ID help needed
October 25, 2014 by nfarlow
- Can you ID this spider?
October 25, 2014 by cali_guy_0024
- Awesome spider lurking in my apartment! Please help me identify.
October 25, 2014 by adbierach
- [Araneidae, Neoscona] Spider Taking Over My Outdoor Space
October 25, 2014 by Glo
- [Pholcidae, Spermophora senoculata] The Residents
October 25, 2014 by arachnaphobiasans
- house spider catches conifer seed bug
October 25, 2014 by DWilde
- [Lycosidae, Rabidosa] House Spider in Arkansas
October 25, 2014 by Gradybrady
- [Theridiidae, Latrodectus] youwhoboohoo's Spider
October 25, 2014 by youwhoboohoo
- Striped Spider Identification
October 25, 2014 by ethocrypt
- [Linyphiidae, Pityohyphantes] Spider Identification
October 25, 2014 by pcakbs
- [Araneidae, Gasteracantha cancriformis] White Spider With Black "Spines" Needs a Name
October 25, 2014 by shiviste
Jumping Spiders for Sale
Phids.net offers the largest jumping spiders in North America for sale with $5 flat rate shipping