Welcome to Spiders.us
Spiders.us serves as a community as well as an informational and pictorial library providing accurate spider identification resources to the public. Our goal is to dispel myths, superstitions, and urban legends that cause many people to be fearful of spiders. We empathize and promise to put the squeamish and scared at ease as best we can. We will also defend spiders for the important roles they play in nature, natural pest control, medicine, engineering and other economic and cultural realms.
We hope you enjoy this resource and look forward to engaging with you in our growing spider community. Feel free to participate in helping identify the thousands of spider picture submissions our forum receives every year!
Browse recent discussions from the community.
- [Nephilidae, Nephila clavipes] Can Nephila Clavipes Have Blue Abdomens?
January 31, 2015 by Freaked
- Tarantula Tree House
January 31, 2015 by Ungoliant
- What to do about these house spiders?
January 31, 2015 by MMcGhee
- [Araneidae, Larinioides] Out in the Cold?
January 30, 2015 by homercat
- [Theridiidae, Steatoda nobilis] Spider ID
January 30, 2015 by Socal149
- [Tetragnathidae, cf. Leucauge argyra] Found a Spider I Have Never Seen
January 29, 2015 by marcom1997
- Friendly Spiders To Help With Fear?
January 29, 2015 by Arcadia
- [Eutichuridae, Cheiracanthium mildei] Yellowish Brown Male ID
January 29, 2015 by AmmyRose
- Spider ID
January 28, 2015 by goethesf
- [Selenopidae, Selenops] Is This Spider Dangerous?
January 28, 2015 by ArachnophobicSOS
- [Amaurobiidae, Callobius cf. severus] Spider ID
January 28, 2015 by Squire
- [Photo Needed] Spider Identification?
January 28, 2015 by Arcadia
- [Photo Needed] Spider ID
January 27, 2015 by danrooks
- [cf. Linyphiidae, Megalepthyphantes nebulosus] This Spider Bit My 2 Yr Old
January 27, 2015 by wilsobri
- [Philodromidae] Grass Spider?
January 26, 2015 by Tursiart
Jumping Spiders for Sale
Phids.net offers the largest jumping spiders in North America for sale with $5 flat rate shipping